My Profile

My photo
Lebanon, Missouri
I am Pastor of Trinity Lutheran Church (LC-MS) in Lebanon, MO for 12 years. I'm married to Cheryl and have been blessed with 5 children.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Link (WMA) - Sermon on I Corinthians 10:31 - 11:1; 6th Sunday after Epiphany

Do we have a don't tread on me mentality that says, "I can do what I want, when I want, whenever I want?" Christians can become arrogant in their freedom. Living in a free country and enjoying the liberty of Christ, they live out of balance.


Luther reminds us that, "A Christian is a perfectly free lord, subject to none. A Christian is a perfectly dutiful servant of all, subject to all."

The model for this is Jesus Himself. He is indeed above all others on this earth born both free and Lord. At the same time, He became the dutiful servant. Though He rules the universe, He washed dirty feet. Being clean in soul, He heals the unclean lepers and dies for all who are sullied by sin.

This makes an eternal difference for those who recieve Him in faith. Jesus as free Lord and dutiful servant of the Father has died for our sin and risen for our justification.

No comments:

Post a Comment